Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Saturday afternoon read with the babies!



Originally, I started out trying to force my two youngest boys to take a nap. My four year old, Christian, grabs this little book that my wife picked up called "I Am Small". I read that book four times, he read it 2 times and my 6 year old read it once. I must admit, I was floored listening to them read this book. Especially Christian (who did a good job memorizing more so than reading). Julian does an excellent job really reading, and it's nice to see him read to his younger brother!

Written and illustrated by Surrey, England resident Emma Dodd, the book is about a baby penguin who, observing his outside world, realizes how small he is in comparison to it, but how large and important he is in his mother's eyes. I'm in love with this book! If you have kids that are just beginning to read, this book is excellent. The illustrations, use of textures (silver lining throughout), and it's sweet sweet little penguin made this so good I had to write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment